Schedule of the Online-Birthday
Saturday 13th June from 5pm to 6:30 pm
– Introduction with Christina Kneip, the head of the Schengen Information Center
– Speech of Catherine Lalumière about the 14th June of 1985
– A surprise from the village Sankt-Germanshof
2) Why commit to cross-border cooperation in Europe and Europe itself?
(6-8 minutes Talks, 2min Questions)
– Catherine Lalumière, President of the Maison de l’Europe in Paris, former MEP and minister that co-signed in 1985 the Schengen Agreement
– Rolan Theis the State Secretary for European Affairs of Saarland and member of the European Committee of the Region
– Christophe Arend, French MP and President of the Franco-German Parliamentary Assembly
– Daniel Amesz, President of the student network AEGEE in Europe AEGEE
3) Debate, 35 years after the Schengen Agreement. What are the values for the European common future?
– Interactive discussion, all viewers will have a possibility to ask questions in YouTube chatroom during the streaming
– The questionnaires will be available to express an opinion about the event